There are different ways to send a gift in Reachdesk using a team wallet:
- Send Gifts from a non-triggered campaign
- Sends Gifts from a triggered campaign
- Sends Gifts from an external source via Zapier
Use a Team Wallet to send a gift from a non-triggered campaign
When a user clicks on Send Engage in the platform, they will go through a checkout flow where the user has to choose a non-triggered campaign to send a gift.
If the user has more than one wallet to choose from, they will see the wallet(s) in the Wallet Step as shown below. The Team wallet shows the available balance the user has against that team wallet.
Select the Team Wallet to use it as the payment source for the gift send.
Click Next step: Review button. You should see the team wallet selected as the payment source.
Click Send to send your gift.
When the user sends the gift using a team wallet, their team wallet available balance will decrease.
Use a Team Wallet to send a gift from a triggered campaign
The payment source of Triggered Campaigns depends on the Connector User used in the Campaign Automation field. In the Triggered Campaign page, when the Connector User is populated, you will see a list of Payment wallets that the Connector User has access to under the Payment Source field. This is a required field.
If the Connector User has a team wallet, select the team wallet as the Payment Source. When the engage is triggered from this campaign, it will automatically have the team wallet as the Wallet Source.
What happens if the team wallet does not have enough balance to send a gift from a triggered campaign?
The send will automatically have a pending status and it cannot be approved until the team wallet's balance is topped up.
What happens if the Connector User is removed from the team that the team wallet belongs to?
When editing the Triggered Campaign, the team wallet will be removed from the payment source when the user tries to save the page. The user will have to select an available user wallet. The engage will also go into a pending status until a wallet the sender has access to is assigned to the engage.
Use a Team Wallet to send a gift from an external source via Zapier
The Reachdesk app is available to be used in Zapier. Please refer to this article for how to setup Zapier here.
In order to allow for a team wallet to be selected in the actions of a zap, we have added a new field called Payment Wallet Type, which can either be a User or Team.
In the Setup Action step of the Zapier setup, select the following fields related to how the payment will be setup for the gift send.
Payment Currency - This will be the currency of the payment wallet that will be used to pay for this gift.
Payment Wallet Type - This will be either User or Team wallet, depending of what wallet you want to use to pay for the gift.
When the zap is triggered, the send will be created with the wallet based on the Payment Currency and Payment Wallet Type.
For example, if Payment Currency = GBP and Payment Wallet Type = Team. If my user in the Zap is part of the UK Marketing Team GBP Wallet, then the wallet used for the gift send will be UK Marketing Team GBP Wallet.
A few considerations:
- If the payment wallet type + currency combination does not exist, we will create the wallet automatically and the engage will default to a pending status until the wallet has enough funds and can be approved.
- If the currency chosen is the campaign currency, we will look for the wallet that has the same currency as the campaign.
- The Payment Wallet Type field in the Zapier Setup Action step will only show up if the latest version of the Reachdesk App in Zapier is used. Please update your zap to use the latest version if you cannot see this. This should only be used by customers who have early access to team wallet spend limits.