There are cases where a gift send from a triggered campaign, bulk import, or a landing page (or Zapier integration) can go into a "pending" status.
We have made the process easier when it comes to reviewing "pending" sends so that the user can bulk approve or reject the send based on the given information about it.
Who can bulk approve or reject pending sends?
- Admins and Campaign Managers - can bulk approve or reject all pending sends
- Senders - can bulk approve or reject pending sends where they are the sender of the send (e.g. triggered campaign's connector user is the same as the sender, if they sent the bulk import, if they are the user in the Zapier integration).
How can users bulk approve or reject pending sends?
1. Go to the Sends Page.
2. Filter the Sends you want to approve.
3. Click on the three dots on the top right corner and click on Bulk approve/reject sends.
4. Click on "download pending sends CSV" to download your pending sends. Note that the filters on the page will apply.
5. Your pending sends will be downloaded as a CSV. Open the file to review your pending sends. You should see information about the Send that you normally have with the CSV export, as well as the following:
- Source - This can refer to a single import, bulk import or if it comes from a zapier integration.
- Triggered - This refers to whether the send is from a triggered campaign or not.
- Reason for Pending - This details why the send is pending (e.g. inventory is out of stock, campaign requires admin approval, payment wallet has insufficient funds)
- Ready for Approval - This will show as true if:
- The send was pending before, but the reason for pending has been resolved (e.g. the wallet has been topped up with more credit, or the item is back in stock)
- The user who downloaded the pending sends has permissions to approve it (e.g. if a campaign requires admin approval, only an admin or campaign manager role can approve the send)
- Action - This will be the column that the user needs to update to Approve or Reject. (If this is left blank, the send will remain pending).
6. After updating the Action column, save the file and go back to the Sends page and click on the Bulk approve/reject sends button again. Upload the CSV file with the Action column filled out.
- Note that any other changes to the send will not be taken into account in the update. The send will either be Approved or Reject based on the Action column.
- Please ensure the send's "Reason for pending" is addressed before trying to approve it. (e.g. add missing funds to the wallet, or add the missing Country or phone number)
7. You will see a message saying to wait for an email update.
8. You will receive an email with the updated engages and a link to download the results CSV file. Note that only the user who uploaded the CSV originally will have access to download the results file.
9. The results CSV file will have an Output column at the end that will indicate whether the send was successfully approved or rejected.
10. If the send cannot be approved, there will be a list of reason(s) why the send cannot be approved. Please correct these reasons before trying to approve the pending send again.