How to setup Reachdesk Insights to sync data from Salesforce
1. Ensure you have at least one user integrated with Salesforce.
- We automatically select the first user who integrated with Salesforce as the “integration user” for the Opportunity Sync. We are working on making this viewable and editable in the integrations page, but for now, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update the integration user.
- Note that we will only sync opportunities the integration user has access to in Salesforce so we recommend choosing a user who is an admin. If the “integration user” is deactivated, we will choose the next user who integrated with Salesforce after the first one.
2. Ensure you have related the gift recipient as a Salesforce contact against the Salesforce Opportunity
- In order for us to calculate the Gifting ROI, we need to be able to match the gift recipient with a contact in Salesforce to get the opportunity details.
- We do this by looking at the Salesforce External Id if the recipient was added to the gift send via the Salesforce integration, or by email if the recipient was added manually.
3. Ensure you inform us of your Salesforce currency if it is not USD
If the currency you have in Salesforce in not USD, please inform email@example.com so we can update this on your behalf. For now, we always convert Salesforce opportunity values in the Insights page to USD, but we are looking to customise this in the future.
4. Review and update your default settings in Reachdesk Insights reporting setup
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce Advanced Options > Reachdesk Insights reporting set up
- We automatically activate ROI Insights, and have default values for the Opportunity Sync Settings and ROI Attribution Rate (%) sections.
- The default ROI attribution rates here are based on market averages.
Opportunity Sync Settings
- Update the Amount field to another value if you are using a different field to track the opportunity value
- Update the Filter Opportunities by to either Opportunity Type or Account Type so this can be used as filters in the Insights page.
- Update the Opportunity Creation Window to be 1 month to 1 year depending on how much time before the Opportunity is created you want to consider the redeemed gift as having influenced your pipeline.
ROI Attribution Rates
- Pipeline Influenced is the attribution rate applied to your Pipeline ROI (viewable in the Insights Page > Influence Tab). We recommend 30% based on market averages, but feel free to update this value depending on your attribution model.
- Closed Won Influenced is the attribution rate applied to your Closed Won ROI (viewable in the Insights Page > Influence Tab). We recommend 50% based on market averages, but feel free to update this value depending on your attribution model.
5. Go to Insights > Influence to review your ROI and other gifting insights
In each table in the Influence tab, you will have the following sections:
- Reachdesk Engagement
- Pipeline Influenced
- Closed Won Influenced
- Potential Influence
Each table is also broken down into the following so you can report on influence based on different categories:
- Influence by Sends - measure in total how your gifting activity related to a contact in Salesforce are influencing your pipeline and revenue
- Influence by Teams - measure how each of your team's gifting activity are influencing your pipeline and revenue
- Influence by Campaigns - measure how each of your gift campaigns are influencing your pipeline and revenue
- Influence by Senders - measure how each of your user's gifting activity are influencing your pipeline and revenue
6. Filter, export and view other related data.
- Report in different ways: You can view the insights data provided in different ways to track the influence by Sends, by Teams, by Campaigns and by Senders.
- Export insights data: You can also click on the three dots on the right to download the data as a CSV.
- View & filter opportunities, recipients and gift sends data: If you click on any of the other tabs, or the links on the table, you can view the data in more detail and filter them.