For gift claims that are done through our landing pages, via our public API and triggered campaigns (including dynamic link), we have added two suspicious claim checks:
- Duplicate check: Check if the recipient claiming has a similar or duplicate email
- Suspicious email domain check: Check if the recipient claiming is using a suspicious email domain
What happens with these suspicious claim checks?
If an individual is claiming a gift from the landing page or via our public API and we flagged that the same or similar email has already been used, or a suspicious email domain has been used, we will:
- Update the send status to "pending"
- Show in the Sends page table that the send is pending because it is flagged as a suspicious claim
- Show a message in the review page the suspicious claim reason why the send is pending
Example of a duplicate email error:
Example of a disposable email domain error:
Example of how the sends are flagged in the Sends page:
How can I see which gift sends have suspicious claims?
On the Sends page, there is a filter for "Suspicious claim reason," which can be used to filter based on similar or duplicate email or suspicious email domain.
How can I enable this?
- Go to Organizations > Settings > Claim Settings
- Go to Claim Security Settings to update which settings you want to enable