The Reachdesk app in Zapier allows you to connect up to other apps to trigger a Reachdesk e-gift or physical gift send. Before you create your first zap (workflow), there are a few things you need to do:
A Zapier account
A Reachdesk account
1. Create an API token (to connect Reachdesk to Zapier)
If this is your first time integrating Reachdesk with Zapier, you'll need a Reachdesk admin (any user of yours with admin privileges) to create a new API token. Head into Reachdesk > Organisation > API tokens and create a new token, call it Zapier (or whatever makes sense to you). Copy that token down somewhere you'll need it when creating a zap. Note: Once a token has been created, you won't need to create any more to connect Reachdesk to Zapier; you can use one token for the whole organisation (so keep the token value safe for re-use!)
2. Create the Reachdesk Campaign
Create the Reachdesk campaign that you'd like to use to trigger a gift - this should be created in the campaigns section. It should follow the same format as all other campaigns.
Note: Your campaign ID is found by going into the Reachdesk campaign you'd like to send, and grabbing the number in the URL. Ie: https://app.reachdesk.com/campaigns/1503/settings.
Note: Please do not use a Triggered Campaign in Zapier. This will charge the sender specified in the zap instead of the connector user specified in the Triggered Campaign.
3. Fields required to make a send
Recipient First Name, Last Name, Email and Country. The app that you're connecting to Reachdesk will need to pull those fields in, in order to execute a send.
Important Information about Payment Source
We also have the option to define the payment currency for the send. This will determine which Payment Wallet will be charged for the send so it is very important that this is setup correctly.
How the payment currency is used:
- If the payment currency is not provided, the payment source is set as the sender email’s user wallet that is the same as the campaign’s currency. If the user wallet does not exist, we create it.
- If the payment currency is provided, the payment source is set as the sender’s email user wallet that is the same as this currency. If the user wallet does not exist, we create it.
For more details on how to use your Zapier integration to send, see our help articles: