Time to get integrated with your people management platform
Like all our integrations, Reachdesk integrates with HiBob in just a few clicks. Yes that's right! You can get up and run in no time. Let's see how it works!
What do I need to set up the HiBob integration?
Let me guide you through this setup. HiBob requires you to create an API Service User in order to configure your HiBob integration, this is needed so you do not have to use your personal HiBob account to connect and will allow you a granular control of what data you want to make available specifically for Reachdesk integration. You can learn more about HiBob API here.
Step 1: Create a service user
- Log in to your HiBob account with administrator user
- From the left menu, please select Settings > Integrations
- Select Automation
- Click the Service Users icon
- Please enter a unique name and a display name
- After adding these mandatory fields please click ‘Save’ and the service user’s ID and token will be displayed
Important! Please make sure to copy the user token. Once you click done, there will be no way to see it again!
Step 2: Create a Permission Group
Permission Group allows you to specify what data you want the service user, and subsequently Reachdesk, to have access to. So let’s follow these steps :
- From the left menu, select Settings > Roles & Permissions
- Add another group
- Name the Permission Group
- i.e. Reachdesk service user group, this will allow you to find the group easily if you ever want to modify the data Reachdesk has access to
- In Select Who’s in the Group, click select and add the Service user previously created in the Add Specific Employees and click apply
Important ☝🏻 : The people in Select who’s in this group are those chosen for the permission group you are creating. By adding them to the group you are granting them access to the data you wil configure in the next step.
Step 3: Configure permissions for the Permission Group
We are almost there, now that we have told HiBob who can access the data, let's see WHICH data the users in this group can access to. To be fully operational with HiBob Reachdesk needs the Permission Group to have access to the below permissions. These can be set under Manage Permissions, Other Employees :
- View selected employees' Address sections
- View selected employees' EEO sections
- View selected employees' Employment sections
- View selected employees' Home sections
- View selected employees' Lifecycle sections
- View selected employees' Personal sections
- Edit selected employee's Personal sections (this is needed for us to be able to fetch the birth date from HiBob)
- Personal Contact Details
- View selected employees' Personal contact details sections
Here is how it should look like:
We are crossing the finish line…
Step 4: Specify employees this group has the right to see
In this step you will add employees who the Permissions Apply To.
Important ☝🏻 : The people added in the Applies to section are those that the permission group can view. This will specify which employees Reachdesk has access to.
- Click Select by Condition
- Click Edit
- Lifecycle Status = Employed, Hired, Terminated
- we recommend selecting all lifecycle statuses, so you can always see and gift to employees in every stage.
- Click Apply and Save Changes
Step 5: Connect Hibob to Reachdesk
- Navigate to Reachdesk → Settings → Integrations page
- Select HiBob integration at the bottom, click ‘Link HiBob account'
- In the pop-up, please paste the HiBob User ID and the token
- Once you hit the 'submit' button you'll be ready to send gifts to employees via Reachdesk!
Note: When connecting a new integration it will take up to an hour from the moment the integration is connected before the employee data can be fetched and used. If you find things are taking longer than 24 hours, please follow up with firstname.lastname@example.org. The integration will then be synced every day around 7 AM UTC.
That's it! You're all set. You can automate sending gifts to your employees via Reachdesk!
Who can set up this integration within Reachdesk?
For any HRIS integration we require only one user to set up the connection between the integration and Reachdesk.
Who can access a user’s integration?
Every user who can access the Reachdesk platform is allowed to use the data in the integration once it has been set up. It's important that a user that connects the integration is an admin or has high visibility on the HRIS being connected: they need to have access to employees that have left, have not yet started as well as address, birthday and start date information in order for the product to run effectively.
Nota bene : Please remind that only Reachdesk admins or CM can create triggered campaigns. For further info please refer to this article.
Can I connect more than one HRIS software?
You can only connect one HRIS software per organisation at a time. For example if you connected the Reachdesk platform to HiBob you won’t be able to connect to Workday at the same time. In case you need to use a different HRIS software please disconnect the first one, Hibob to follow the previous example and then connect to the Workday integration.
If you have any questions not covered here, please let us know at email@example.com!