Users can now send Reachdesk emails from a subdomain (e.g. marketing.domain.com) when their Reachdesk account was created with their company main domain (e.g. domain.com).
This is especially relevant for two main reasons :
- email reputation which is a mark to see how well users interact with your emails
- main domain access cannot be granted due to company's policies
Some Reachdesk customers prefer to send emails from the main domain as it enables on-brand personalised communication. In this case please just follow the guide here.
How to set it up?
In order to verify a subdomain please follow the steps in this article, Setting up the ability to send emails from a custom domain.
Do we need to verify the main domain in order to verify the subdomain?
That's not mandatory, you can only have the subdomain active in the Reachdesk domain page. Let's see an example :
John has an account on Reachdesk under email email@example.com
John's Reachdesk account has the subdomain (sub.domain.com) set up and active in the domains page, but not his company's main domain (domain.com)
What happens if the main domain and subdomain are active in Reachdesk?
In case both the domain and subdomain are active in Reachdesk, we will automatically assign to the user the domain of the sign up email so 'Sending From' will be the same as 'Sign up Email'.
Let's see an example :
- John has an account on Reachdesk under email firstname.lastname@example.org
- John's Reachdesk account has both his company's main domain (domain.com) and subdomain (sub.domain.com) set up and active in the domains page
- John's Reachdesk emails will be sent via email@example.com. Responses will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. This assignment can be seen in the users page under 'Sending From'.
What happens if I verify more than one subdomain?
In case there is more than one subdomain active in the Reachdesk domain page, our system will automatically choose the shorter subdomain, please see the following example :
If these subdomains are both set up and active, Reachdesk will use the sales.domain.com subdomain because sales has a character length shorter than marketing.domain.com.
Where the replies to my emails go?
Replies to Reachdesk emails are sent to the email users sign up within Reachdesk (the 'Sign up Email' in the users page).
Can I sign up in Reachdesk with my subdomain email?
Sure! You can sign up with any email address as long as you have access to the email address inbox.
I haven't set up any active domain or subdomain
In this case Reachdesk will use the domain 'reachdesk-mail.com'.
Nota Bene : domains and subdomains are unique per instance.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com!