On January 15, 2024, Reachdesk enhanced the recipient experience for all eGift sends. We've introduced a more engaging unwrapping process, providing a delightful and interactive experience for recipients. Additionally, recipients now have an extended 90-day period after unwrapping to select their preferred gift card option, allowing for a more thoughtful and less rushed decision-making process. Check out the new eGift unwrapping experience below.
What changes for recipients:
• Improved gifting experience to drive excitement and engagement.
• Interactive opt-in flow.
• Sneak peek of the main gift card offered before unwrapping.
• More time to choose and less pressure to pick a gift card (90 days after unwrapping).
What changes for gift senders:
• No functionality change when sending gifts.
• Expected higher claim rates as a result of a better recipient experience.
• Earlier re-engagement with recipients. Previously, senders would re-engage with recipients after they selected their gift card option, while now, they can engage when gifts are accepted.
Will the expiration days that I set on campaigns and sends override the 90-day period that recipients have to choose their gift card option?
The expiration days set on campaigns and sends apply only until the gift is unwrapped. After that, all recipients will have 90 days to make their choice. Here are some scenarios for a gift that is sent with a 5-day expiry time:
• If a gift is not unwrapped after 5 days, it will expire and recipients won't be able to accept it.
• If a gift is unwrapped within those 5 days, recipients will have 90 days after the unwrapping day to choose their gift card.
Will recipients get reminder emails to accept their gifts?
Recipients will receive reminder emails until they accept their gifts. After gifts are accepted, reminder emails will no longer be sent.