Now that you’ve integrated Reachdesk with your Human Resources Information System (HRIS), let’s consider how to automate gifting for common work events, such as Birthdays, Work Anniversaries, and for gifting to new joiners.
To get started, please navigate to the Triggered Campaigns tab and click the “New Triggered Campaign” button, then select your desired campaign type (Bundle, eGift, or Marketplace). For more information about Triggered Campaigns, please check out this article.
After choosing the campaign type and selecting the desired gift, please navigate to the Campaign Automation section and select your HRIS Connector. Finally, select the relevant Object - in this case, “Employee”.
The process of setting up a Triggered Campaign for your employees is nearly identical regardless of the HRIS your organization uses. The only difference is the available fields within each software.
Let’s take a closer look at common use-cases, using the Hibob integration as an example.
Automate Sends for Employee Start Dates
We know how important it is to make a great first impression. Reachdesk helps you deliver moments that matter to each of your new hires, automatically!
The below setup illustrates fields you could use to trigger sends for new full-time employees in the United States.
The “Start date” value of “Within two weeks” ensures ample time for gift delivery, but you can also pick between “Today” and “Within a week” values from the drop-down menu to fit your needs.
Note: If sending ahead of time, i.e. one or two weeks prior to the start day - ensure that the user setting up the campaign has permission to read data of employees that have not started yet (are inactive on HiBob)
Important ☝🏻 Reachdesk follows HRIS’s permission structure: it will only have access to the data the user otherwise has on HiBob or your HRIS software.
The “Home country location” field is particularly relevant if you are sending a physical gift, as the recipient’s location dictates the available Marketplace and Bundle items they can receive. For global teams, you'll likely want to create separate campaigns for each region and update "Home country location" value accordingly.
Note: We recommend using "Home country location" field since there might be employees registered in a specific office while residing in another country. HiBob does not support "Work location country" field.
The "Employment type" field can help you tailor the campaign to a variety of scenarios, including Interns, Freelancers, Contractors, and Part or Full Time Employees.
Automate Sends for Employee Birthdays
We love birthdays here at Reachdesk! Whether it's the sweet treats or a bottle of bubbly, our People team spoils us with gifts - and best of all, they do so without spreadsheets, calendar reminders, or other manual efforts conventional teams have relied on for years.
Here's an example of a triggered campaign you too can utilize to automate birthday gifting for your Full-time employees in the United States.
Automate Sends for Employee Work Anniversary
Work anniversaries can feel like a drag, especially for HR teams who undoubtedly have more pressing work on their plate. Yet, research shows anniversaries are one of the most important events in an employee's lifecycle, as it helps improve morale, build loyalty, and drive retention.
Keep your HR team happy by reducing the manual work they do, while ensuring your employees are happy and celebrated, all by automating gifting via Reachdesk for People.
The "Work Anniversary" trigger uses the start date value of the employee. Use this trigger if you plan on sending the same gift each year. If you have different gifts for each year of tenure, after adding your anniversary trigger please add "Tenure" field to specify for which anniversary this gift is for.
Note on Triggered Campaigns
By default, the "Send engage to anyone that already match the criteria above" toggle is OFF when creating the triggered campaign. This feature, when enabled, will create sends to anyone already matching your chosen criteria - as opposed to only sending to new matches. We recommend toggling this feature ON for Employee gifting triggered campaigns to avoid excluding current matches from sends.
- Currently triggered campaigns will only send to the same recipient once. You will need a triggered campaign for each occasion each year, however, we are planning to address this later in the year, so that a triggered campaign could run indefinitely and send gifts at a specified cadence.
tenurefield on its own will match all users who match the year of tenure as of two weeks from today. It is not recommended to use tenure on it’s own unless you want to send a one-off gift to all employees with current tenure and archive the campaign.
- To prevent sending to employees that have left, Reachdesk automatically excludes from triggered campaigns all employees with a termination date in the past. All employees that have handed in their notice but have not left yet will be matched in the campaign and sent a gift.
- Reachdesk will send gifts to employees that match the chosen criteria but have not started yet, i.e. if their birthday is in 7 days as per campaign settings, but they start in a month. If you wish to exclude those users, you can opt to use
employment statusand only send to employees with the status ‘Active’.
☝🏻 Status configuration is unique to each client’s instance of HRIS. We recommend checking your configuration and definition of each status in order to include or exclude all relevant employees.
- Check frequency: Reachdesk will check matching users for triggered campaigns once daily at 11am universal time.
- Data Quality: Reachdesk relies on the data in your HRIS, so your automated gifting can only be as good as your data! Please ensure employees have their home country location provided upon their record creation in HRIS if you are sending gifts to new starters, so they don't miss out!
These are a few of the most common use-cases, you can also use the employment status or the termination date. Trigger fields help to narrow down your target persona. Let's see some examples :
Must be an exact match, not case sensitive
- Employment type
- Use this field if you want to only send to full-time employees, for example